If you travel to HK a lot, you need to buy a prepaid local SIM card so you can use the local 3G wireless broadband with a reasonable price, I suggest you chose Hutchison 3 Turbo 3G , it will charge you 2 HKD / MB if it's less than 14 MB / day and after that traffic, it's free all day, so the maximum price per day is 28 HKD, no use no charge;
Oh, I forget to tell you, the maximum charge per month is 298 HKD, which is so great...
But, if you are using Google Nexus one, this phone will not get the APN setting automatically, you need to set up by yourself, and here is how to setup Hutchison 3 prepaid 3G SIM card APN on Android Nexus One cellphone:
Done, now you can try your mobile browser or google map to test the 3G network of Hutchison 3 in HK...
- On the device, tap the Menu icon;
- Select Settings > Wireless & networks (or Wireless Controls) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names;
- Press the Menu key and select New APN;
- Select Name, enter 3 Modem and tap OK;
- Select APN, enter ipc.three.com.hk and tap OK;
- Press the Menu key and select Save;
- Press the radio button next to 3 Modem to set the profile as default.