2009年4月3日星期五

What's my killer apps on mobile phone

What's my killer apps on mobile phone


3G is coming to China, but we don't see any 3G killer apps yet, what I can share before the real 3G age is that what I am using via my smart phone (Nokia E71 Symbian S60) now with EDGE data connection provided by China Mobile.

1 Gmail Java and Shangmail.com (Push mail)

Gmail is the best, so does gmail java, and the shortcuts make it even better.

But Gmail is not push mail, you have to log in to gmail java all the time to get your email instantly. So I installed shangmail.com push mail client to get the "push" advantage which makes me an efficient guy.

2 Google map

Can't go to another city without google map on my cellphone, best guid ever, with the embedded GPS of my E71, I can easy go to everywhere without getting lost.

The newly updated "google latitude" is more fun, shows where my other friends are on the map, interesting, just Urbian.org did.

3 Danhand input

Most famous smartphone input tool ever, and still the best even after plenty of competitors coming up. You can say all of these Sogo input, A4 input and dayhand input are almost the same. But there's one thing that makes me stick with dayhand is that when you are editing a MMS, neither sogo input and A4 inputcan "get in", only dayhand input goes to every edit page.

4 Fetion Mobile

China mobile's Instant Messaging service, offers free SMS to China mobile user, 100 millions of users are using fetion PC client to send and receive SMS, and I even use the mobile client to save cost.

Another thing fetion mobile brings to me is that when you get a normal SMS, fetion mobile also shows you on its interface and with a "Chat style" which is better than Nokia E71's normal SMS looks.

5 m.ipai.cn

I'm a photo sharing geek, or you can say I'm a photo-blogger, I use my cellphone take photo all the time, every where I go, whoever I see, whatever I eat...I send these photos to m@ipai.cn via MMS and it goes to my Http://ipai.cn/u/betashow photo blog website where my friends will see and comment, and ipai also sync my photos to my flickr account, picasa account, facebook account, msn space...

m.ipai.cn is the mobile version of my ipai.cn , I log in to mobile ipai to check my friends latest photos they took from their cellphone at my clip time.

6 m.Ping.fm

I'm a SNS geek, I use accounts on almost all of the SNS websites, that makes me painful to update my status from every website.

Ping.fm is a good product, helps me to sync my status everywhere, facebook, linkedin, twitter, gtalk status, wealink, fanfou, jiwai, zuosa, digu...

So I only log into m.ping.fm to update my status once when I'm on the go.

7 m.Linkedin.com

It's cool that you can search any of your linkedin friends' profile on the go and send linkedin message to them via mobile brower, but a little pity that linkein mobile website does't offer you inbox check page. Wait for them to upgrade.

8 m.flickr.com

It's like my pocket album whenever my friends want to see my son or wife's photo, pretty  handy.

9 UCweb Brower

The best mobile phone website brower ever, especially for Chinese user, some of the key appealing point is 1) efficient shortcut, 2) Tab browsering, 3) Downloading from the last disconnected point, 4) faster 5) registered user can store personal data and habits for a better experience

10 Urbian - Mobile SNS

It's like a facebook mobile, where you could check your friends feeds, profiles, blogs, locations, status, message inbox and sent message to them. Client based service makes the experience better then m.facebook.com

11 Facebook Mobile

Facebook on the go, easer to check out facebook friends' status and update mine

12 3GTB Cellphone Desktop

Client based cellphone desktop software, make you cellphone desktop handier, also embedded google search, weather forecast, scrolling news headlines, mutil-desktop switch...worth a try

13 Google Reader

Reading while I'm waiting for something or somebody

14 Google Mobile (search)

Mobile search when I need any information urgently

15 QQ Mobile

I installed it in case I want to use it some day, but never log in once becaure I do out of QQ users scale.

16 MSN Mobile

I installed it but rarely use it just like my PC MSN, too many friends online, better log off to keep it quiet, but still need to be installed in case there's anybody you want to reach but can not get his/her cellphone number.

Betashow


http://betashow.wealink.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/touchsky2003

没有评论: